Heat Pump Water Heaters
Why install a heat pump:
- Currently, water heating could contribute as much as 40% of the total electricity usage in a home depending on life style.
- The heat pump simply replaces the energy guzzling electrical element in the existing geyser. The geyer element can use up to 40% of the electrical power consumption of a household .
- On average a heat pump works so efficiently that it uses as much as 3 times less electricity than a conventional electrical geyser element. This means a saving of up to 66% of the electricity the geyser would have used and up to 40% on the monthly electrical bill.
By installing a heat pump, you will reduce your household's carbon footprint and help to combat global warming and climate change.
Heat Pump - We proudly install the Enerflow Heat Pump
- The Enerflow Heat Pump was developed over the last 8 years and designed in South Africa for optimal performance in local conditions.
- Enerflow Heat Pumps are backed by 20 years’ experience and in our opinion has the best warranty and after sales service.
- The Enerflow Heat Pump is equipped with a user friendly LCD remote display that can conveniently be placed in your home.
The Enerflow Heat Pump has unique qualities:
- a built in change over switch (not necessary to install additionally);
- a boost mode - ability to heat water to 75 degrees;
- a weekly sanitation function;
- equipped with a user-friendly LCD remote display - can be placed conveniently inside the home.
Features & benefits of the Enerflow Range of residential heat pumps:
- Highly efficient and energy saving technology.
- Backup element in case heat pump is unable to heat water due to adverse event.
- Already built-in manual change-over switch from heat pump to electrical backup element.
Heats water to 55°C efficiently.
- Ability to heat water to 75°C with the aid of backup element (all controlled by the built-in intelligent heat pump controller).
- Boost mode engages the backup element - in conjunction with heat pump - during periods of abnormally high hot water requirements, ensuring water is heated in a fraction of the time.
- Timer functionality optimises energy efficiency and can turn the heat pump on or off during certain periods of the day.
- Automatic weekly sanitation function ensures that unwanted bacterial is inhibited.
- Automatic built-in defrost function during cold winter months.
- Auto-reset of error codes after adverse events such as power failures etc.
- Can heat more than one geyser at a time when connected correctly by a certified installer.
- Reduced risk of calcification due to lower operating temperature (55°C) than conventional electrical heating elements, therefore less maintenance required.
- Protection against electrical surges.
- Robust design of water-side components ensures long life.
- Internal components mounted on special vibration pads to reduce noise.
- Ring-main function reduces water usage because heated water can be circulated periodically, ensuring almost instantaneous hot water on demand (similar to systems found in hotels).
Range of Enerflow Heat Pumps
- Matt White powder-coated.
- Weather resistant plastic finish.
- 3kW for geysers up to 100 - 200L.
- 5kW for geysers of 150 - 300L.
- 10kW for geysers of 200 - 500L.
The size of the heat pump is determined by
- The size of the geyser.
- The location (cold winters).
- The amount of people served by the geyser.